Friday, August 19, 2016

Getting Ready for 27 - Room Reveal!

Ladies and Gentlemen, 

I finally had "the moment" this afternoon! You know the moment when you walk to the door, turn around, and take the final look around the classroom before you turn off the lights and lock the door?  The moment when you know there is nothing else you can do to get it ready for the first day of school? That was me this afternoon! In that second, I had a  giant sigh of relief. I have been anxiously preparing for 27 kinderbabies, and it was touching gold several times this week. I wondered if I could actually make the space workable for 27 little personalities with energy tanks on full. I had to get creative on seating arrangements, zip tie plastic crates together for cubbies, rework several procedures, and anticipate any problem areas - but I think I finally pulled it off! Only Monday morning will tell! 

These pictures were taken very quickly as I was enjoying my Ah-Ha moment at the end of the day, and I already remember things I didn't take pictures of. Nevertheless, I invite you to take a look around my not so perfect room. It might seem a hot mess to some, but it is my home away from home. I love this room and will love it even more when my 27 sweet faces occupy it come Monday! 
Kindergarten: Amazing things happen here! 

One of my two sets of cubbies. Notice the three zip tied crates to the left. They are my extra cubbies since I ran out! 

Several more centers and Eric Carle themed reading area!

Yes, that is me in that reading poster! 

Puzzles, Magnadoodle, etc. 

Writing Center

Easel Area and Word Wall. (You can barely see art center.)

This space is a MESS! I will do better one day! 

Love my SmartBoard. I also have student computers and iPads. I LOVE technology and am wishing for more!!! 

I love this picture especially of myself on the first day of kindergarten as a student and as a teacher. My mom surprised me with this after school that day. She had me take the picture in the same place in our dining room. (I thought she was nuts making me do it!) This is even more special that I was headed both times to the same school! I teach in my hometown school where I attended K-12.

My table and their tables! 

I have been so inspired by the classrooms that I have seen many post online. There is so much that goes into the planning and set up of a classroom, and I know the hours and hard work everyone has put in has not been in vain. Soon children will be learning in an inviting atmosphere and navigating a well-planned space through procedures carefully taught! Job well done my friends! 

Let me know what you think! Leave me a comment on what you might like or not like about my set up! 

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it will be you taking care of my little cousin, Adrian. Your room looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does my heart good to have you back where it all started for you. Your students love you and I hear nothing but praise from the parents. The room looks great! A lot different from my first grade classroom. (We did not have kindergarten then). I LOVE BLOOMBURG!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You obviously put a lot of thought and hard work in preparing your room for all of your little Star Students. What a great and kind Teacher to start little ones in their trip through their education. Thank you, Mrs. Francis. You are appreciated and loved for all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your room looks gorgeous. It is certainly NOT a "hot mess". I love that you have a picture of yourself in kindergarten. I think I might need to make a copy of my 3rd grade photo. It's GOOFY, let me tell you! Enjoy your first day! I go back on the 29th and haven't had my AHA moment yet.
    Jan
    Laughter and Consistency

    ReplyDelete