Thursday, June 9, 2016

The Journey to a Million

"Success doesn't come and find you, you have to go out and get it." 


When I was a first year teacher, I felt I was pretty well prepared for the classroom. Henderson State University gave me an incredible foundation as a entering teacher, but to be completely honest, I was still a tad bit clueless. So, what do you do when you want to know something? You Google it! That's how I found April Larremore's blog, Chalk Talk, and it quickly became my inspiration hub. She had  great articles and reviews for products sold on Teachers Pay Teachers. One of those TpT sellers, Deanna Jump, stood out from the crowd for kindergarten resources. (I STILL teach some of her units and use her products every year! She creates phenomenal things!) As I followed some of Deanna's successes over the past few years through TpT, I  have felt more and more compelled that this is a great avenue for revenue! 

Deanna Jump has become a SELF-MADE MILLIONAIRE! (Yes, you heard that right. An elementary teacher millionaire!) And she points to the quote, "Success doesn't come find you, you have to go out and get it." I think this is an American dream attitude that seems to be lost these days. So, I applaud her all the more. After all, her story is part of the reason I am here today, five years later, starting a blog and beginning my adventures on TpT.

I encourage you to watch her keynote speech as she tells about how she went from cashing in her emergency fund piggy bank each month, to making a huge difference in her family's  financial lives!
(Caution: you may start a blog or seller's account after watching! It is that inspiring!)


No comments:

Post a Comment